It is finally the weekend, we have made it! What are your plans for the weekend? Since the COVID-19 pandemic, our usual Friday plans of meeting friends after work may have changed. However, we can still start our day by releasing our body's natural mood enhancer endorphins with a fabulous breakfast. The FRI-YAY recipe is a well- seasoned #JHMF Ribeye Steak and eggs. Get your cast-ironed skillets ready to try this easy recipe. Please send us pictures of your cooked steaks!
#JMHF Ribeye Steak
Pat of Grassfed Butter
10-12 in Cast-Iron Skillet
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees
2. Place the cast-iron skillet in the oven while it reaches 500 degrees
3. Make sure your steak is room temperature
4. When the oven reaches the temperature, remove the skillet
5. Place the skillet on a burner
6. Season both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper
7. Place the steak in the center of the skillet
8. Cook the steak 40 seconds without moving Turn with tongs and cook another 40 seconds, then put the cast iron skillet into the oven for 2 minutes. F
9. While the steak is oven flip the steak with tongs and cook for an additional two minutes. (This time is for medium-rare steak. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)
10. Remove the steak from the oven; remove the steak from the skillet and cover with foil for two minutes.
11. Remove foil
12. Add a pat of butter if desired.
While the steak is in the oven prepare your eggs any way that you like them.