REVERSE SEARED TERES MAJOR
1. This tender, flavorful cut of beef is described as a poor man’s beef Filet Mignon.
2. Liberally coat with the beef rub on all sides. Use your favorite rub. We like wrapping with bacon, however this isn’t necessary.
3. Heat your grill or smoker to 250 degrees. We like to cook this over Mississippi Wild Cherri but pick out your favorite.
4. We highly recommend monitoring the internal temperature of the meat with a meat thermometer.
5. Using Indirect heat, smoke the teres major until it reaches an internal temp of 100-110 degrees (10 minutes on each side depending on thickness)
6. Place on direct heat searing for about 30 to 45 seconds each side (You do not want to over cook this cut of meat.
7. Let the steaks rest for ten minutes, before serving.